Intellectual Property & New Technologies Law
This department was created upon request of the clients of Araque Reyna Sosa Viso & Pittier, as a complement of the services available at the Firm. This section provides various services in the fields of Intellectual Property and Copyright, including:
- Registration and supervision of trademarks and patents: from the filing of the application until the final registration, as well as monitoring post-registration in order to give the appropriate follow-up.
- Review and development of strategies for the appropriate and optimal protection of industrial property assets.
- Contracts of licensing and assignment of trademarks, patents and copyrights.
- Filing applications of Copyrights.
- Protection and defense of our clients in case of violations of their intellectual property assets, in both administrative and judicial proceedings. The Intellectual Property Department has handled cases of Intellectual Property, both administrative and judicial, consolidating its multidisciplinary expertise over the years.
- Conducting due diligences in the area of Intellectual Property.
The relevance of the direct and immediate impact of the New Technologies in the commercial activities of the companies is understood by Araque Reyna Sosa Viso Pittier. Professionals of this department have significantly contributed in the law making process at the National Assembly in the promotion of public policies and providing legal support to suppliers of goods and services of the Technology Sector, becoming the pioneer firm in Venezuela in matters related to New Technologies. The department expertise includes: Licensing Domain Names, E-contracting, Web Sites, Data Privacy, E-government, among others.
Our lawyers have long represented the main Venezuelan Telecommunication companies in a vast number of fields. We have accompanied several companies of the Telecoms Sector offering specialized services in consulting, contracting, administrative petitions, negotiations and penalty proceedings.